Mergers, acquisitions and restructuring
Andersen’s experience in mergers and acquisitions covers a full range of domestic and foreign transactions on the market of public institutions and private entities, including enterprise restructuring and financing. Our lawyers specialize in negotiations and preparation of all types of acquisition agreements. We also have experience organizing and coordinating due diligence transactions.
Our M&A project services include:
- due diligence reviews in the area of taxes,
- estimation of the value and valuation of undertakings,
- tax verification of transactions of enterprise purchase and sale,
- support in negotiations,
- analyzing the tax and balance sheet position of companies at each stage of restructuring,
- analyzing the tax consequences of each stage of restructuring in terms of CIT and VAT,
- estimation of the tax benefits of restructuring,
- analyzing the presented business reasons for transactions in terms of the risk of applicability of regulations counteracting tax evasion and tax scheme reporting regulations (MDR),
- preparation of a written summary of tax consequences and tax benefit estimation methods.
Andersen’s selected engagements involving tax consultancy on restructuring processes:
- restructuring of a design enterprise encompassing legal and tax consultancy in respect of division by spin-off and carrying out the same,
- legal and tax advice for companies of Europe’s leading waste management group in the process of business combination,
- preparation of a due diligence report for a major shopping mall in Warsaw at the request of a potential buyer, analyzing all lease agreement concluded by the company,
- legal consultancy for a potential buyer – a leading conveyor belt manufacturer in the mining and power sectors, including legal due diligence,
- assistance in acquisition of a Polish engineering company based in Katowice by an engineering enterprise; the services of legal and tax advice for the company, which included a due diligence report which was the basis for negotiations carried out as part of purchasing by our engineering company,
- comprehensive preparation of the legal and tax aspects of a transaction for sale of shares of a packaging and raw material manufacturer to a foreign investor.