Tax risk management
Effective business activity calls for appropriate risk management. The management staff aims to mitigate the economic risk and hedge against the effects thereof. We help “tax-aware” client to efficiently build the tax risk management procedures in their companies, relying on the knowledge, well-planned procedures and tools, including information systems. The changeable and complex tax regulations, human errors, pro-fiscal approach of authorities mean that in practice the financial risks involved in the use of the tax law (sanctions, penal interest) are hard to be avoided, and so is criminal liability (based on penal fiscal code or the Act on Liability of Collective Entities). The tax procedures prepared by Andersen professionals are intended to:
- nominate individuals responsible for implementation of internal procedures,
- defining the scope of their responsibilities,
- managing their knowledge improvement in an informed manner,
- developing and implementing good communication between the financial department and other corporate departments to enable control over the tax decisions taken and
- management of knowledge base to save time and costs (effective use of the available data)
- implementation of MDR procedures
Selected engagements completed by Andersen:
- Comprehensive tax services to Poland’s largest railway carrier in respect of MDR procedures, including document review, identification of reportable events, preparation of procedures, technical and substantive support in preparation of MDR-1, MDR-2, MDR-3 and MDR-4 filings, preparation of draft statements, written notifications required from the Beneficiary, the Supporting Entity or the Promoter, summary meetings and workshops for employees.
- Preparation of the AML procedure for Poland’s leading real property firm,
- Preparation of a anti-tax evasion procedure for Poland’s leading petrochemical company,
- Preparation of tax procedures (VAT, CIT, TP, Excise, etc.)
- Preparation of internal procedures for incentive schemes addressed to top management and selected employees in one the largest construction companies in Poland.
- Preparation of the procedure for operation of new financial instruments in a large company listed on the Polish stock exchange.