Banking, finance, and financial regulation
At Andersen in Poland, we offer comprehensive legal and tax services concerning all types of financing, operation and supervision of financial institutions, and the particularities of financial products and markets as well.
We advise the parties providing and receiving financing in transactions to finance businesses and projects in accordance with market standards in Poland (including LMA adapted to Polish law or Polish aspects of international financing). We provide assistance on:
- all financing instruments: credit facilities, loans, bond issues, public subsidies and security interest,
- corporate finance and project finance,
- acquisition finance, including real estate,
- all stages of the financing process (from assistance in agreeing the term sheet, through negotiating financing documentation, to collecting CPs for the financing drawdown),
- transaction follow-up – reviewing the concluded credit and security documentation, negotiating amendments to the terms and conditions, and debt restructuring.
Functioning of financial institutions
We assist financing institutions (banks, insurance companies, investment firms and funds as well as consumer lenders) in all matters related to their functioning in the legal and regulatory environment and supervision of these entities. We advise institutions subject to supervision on compliance with and implementation of changes in legislation and supervisory recommendations, as well as financial sector best practices.
We represent financial sector entities in all proceedings before the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, National Bank of Poland, Bank Guarantee Fund, EBA (ECB), General Inspectorate for Financial Information, WSE and KDPW – including structuring regulated activity in Poland, merging and transforming financial institutions, and using the single passport in Poland.
We also provide advice on consumer finance issues – including consumer credit regulation and consumer lenders (drafting contract templates, reviewing product documentation, compliance, assisting in relations with consumers).
The attorneys at Andersen in Poland are experienced in handling disputes related to financial products before common courts and arbitration tribunals (including the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Bank Association) and cases involving the Financial Ombudsman.